Jan 26, 2009

Definitely not the Dumbo Ride at Disneyworld

The boys are perched 9 feet above ground waiting for their ride to pull up beside them. Isn't she a beauty? Each comes with its own driver.
Passengers can purchase fuel for a few cents.
All buckled up and ready to ride.
Our driver sensing my nervousness is giving me the "thumbs up".
A shrine for good luck and prosperity.
I was happy to say a little prayer in their behalf. Down the cement staircase and into the river.
At this point we hung on for dear life as the elephant gracefully stepped off the 4 foot ledge into the river.
The up-and-down motion combined with the back-and-forth swaying was quite relaxing.
Traversing the slippery staircase up to the rubber tree forest was terrifying.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love elephants. They are amazing animals!

Lelani said...

oh fun!!! what a great adventure!

sheriee staub said...

I think this is the first I have heard that you rode an elephant. What Fun!!!